These grants work around four impact areas. For Landcare groups the most relevant area is impact area D; the protection and preservation of Australian Flora and Fauna.
Impact Area D: Protection and preservation of Australian flora and fauna
The Ross Trust prioritises applications that:
· Demonstrate conservation value
· Provide scientific (biological and/or botanical) evidence to support the request.
If the proposal is to purchase land; the proponent must demonstrate:
· High conservation values of the land
· How the land will be managed in the future to protect those values
· How the proposed action will contribute to a broader landscape scale approach.
Please note: It is unlikely that applications for environmental education will be successful.
Organisations must first submit an Expression of Interest for consideration by the Trustees. They may then by invited to submit a full application. Applications are considered all year round.
The Ross Trust can only consider requests from organisations that:
– Operate in Victoria, or who will use the grant for the benefit of Victorians
– Have an ABN (Australian Business Number)
– Are incorporated.
Applicants are NOT required to be a:
– Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
– Tax Concession Charity (TCC).
For more information on the RE Ross Trust and funding opportunities visit their website :