Come and work with Loddon Plains Landcare Network
Applications due Friday January 27th 2023.
Title: Landscape Projects Officer, GOANNA Project
Advertiser: Loddon Plains Landcare Network
Location: Inglewood, Loddon Shire, Victoria
Permanent part-time contract (3 months Probationary period)
Salary: 0.5-0.8 FTE $23,386 – $36,925 plus super,
The Loddon Plains Landcare Network is looking for a new team member to expand its capacity to deliver on-ground outcomes for its member groups across the Loddon Plains region. LPLN is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with potential and an openness and willingness to learn and grow in the role, or a person with some experience in on-ground project delivery in the NRM industry interested in developing a career in the natural environment.
LPLN is a not-for-profit organisation that formed in 2009. Situated on the Loddon Plains in North Central Victoria, the Network comprises 18 member groups across the area.
Its mission is to secure healthy landscapes on the Loddon Plains through its Landcare, GOANNA landscape restoration project, and regenerative and sustainable agriculture programs, with a focus on delivering community-led large-scale landscape projects.
The Network is seeking a person to expand the LPLN team in the role of Landscape Projects officer offering a position between 19 (0.5) and 30 hours a week (0.8), with an option to extend the position subject to funding arrangements. The position will report to the LPLN Landcare Network Facilitator and answer to the LPLN Committee of Management.
Key responsibilities include:
● Deliver community landscape projects across the Loddon Shire with its member groups
● Assist in the development and provision of workshops, field days and information sessions relating to Network and member group priorities
● Assist in the development of large-scale restoration projects and assist in securing grant funding for large-scale restoration projects
● Assist in managing the Loddon Plains Community Bird Monitoring Project Volunteers
● Report to the LPLN Landcare Network Facilitator and Committee of Management including monthly reports for the LPLN CoM
● Follow Occupational Health and Safety procedures for events and on-ground works.
Key Selection Criteria:
● Facilitation and interpersonal skills working with a wide range of people.
● Negotiation and problem-solving skills.
● Strong communication skills, particularly with landholders, volunteer and community groups
● Strong computer skills, particularly in office
● Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
● Able to set priorities and manage competing demands
● A current driver’s licence and your own vehicle (car allowance included potential use of company vehicle)
● knowledge of Natural Resources Management techniques including data and monitoring.
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience desired for the role:
● Knowledge and understanding in the delivery of natural resource projects
● Assist in project delivery, including development, stakeholder management, and delivery of on-ground outcomes
● Experience or a willingness to learn relevant use of Agricultural Chemicals (ACUP inc. PAPP and 1080 are preferred).
● Experience driving off-road or 4wd training is preferred, not required but a willingness to learn is necessary.
● An understanding of the communities and farming enterprises in the Network’s area
● Experience managing volunteers or working with community groups
● mapping experience preferred or some understanding
Loddon Plains Landcare Network Inc.
0490 412 430 | firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Station St. Inglewood
Dja Dja Wurrung Country
LPLN embraces diversity and inclusion and encourages all individuals interested in this role to apply.
Applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria, a resume, together with the names and phone
numbers of two referees should be submitted by email to:
Secretary/Treasurer- Loddon Plains Landcare Network Inc.
Subject: Landscape Projects Officer, GOANNA Project